Special Needs Trusts

If you have a child or a loved one who is disabled or otherwise not able to care for themselves, special planning must be done to ensure that they have competent, loving care and do not lose their government benefits.

The Sheffield Law Office will help you create a special needs trusts for your child or other family members. The trustee will be able to use the trust funds to supplement the government assistance they receive. This will allow them to benefit from various government programs , while the trust provides them with things the government does not.

Unfortunately, most parent fail to plan. Since there are strict asset ownership limits that must adhered to, failure to plan may have the effect of disqualifying your child from government assistance. Sometimes parents leave their money to their other children, trusting that they will take care of the special needs child out of the funds they receive.However, all too often that never happens, or if it does, the child receives far less than they otherwise would.

Special planning must be done to ensure your child has the competent, loving care they need.

Let the Sheffield Law Office work with you to create a plan that is right for you and your loved ones.